Established in 2003, Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals Kolkata is an ideal combination of excellence in technology, infrastructure, skilled care and warm hospitality. It is a joint venture between Apollo Hospital Group, India and Singapore’s Parkway Health.Parkway Group is Asia’s leading group in healthcare. It offers over 70 percent of Singapore’s private healthcare. Parkway Group Healthcare, which owns a network of regional hospitals and medical centres in Malaysia, India and Brunei, is one of its subsidiaries.
THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013 listed Apollo Gleneagles hospitals as the best multi-speciality hospital in Kolkata.
Apollo Gleneagles hospital, Kolkatahas introduced revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT). Few important facilities are listed below.
- IGRT THERAPY
- IMRT THERAPY
- Comprehensive Brachytherapy by image 4D-CRT
- Knifeless Surgery of Brain by Radiosurgery
All the above facilities are introduced first time in Eastern India.It is Eastern India’s only hospital to be accredited with the accreditation of the Joint Commission International (JCI), the international quality care benchmark.The first Cellvizio system in India was introduced by Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata.It performed the first ever replacement of Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis in East India.
The first effective critical neurosurgery was conducted on a baby patient with a critical cyst comparable to a second head. The eight-month-old baby was born with Encephalomeningocele’s unusual and unheard disorder. This operation was the first of its kind in the nation as a whole.
It is the first hospital to organize a live CARTO or Electrophysiology Mapping Technique workshop in Eastern India. It is also recognized as performing Eastern India’s first ever corpse transplant.
Infrastructure details of Apollo Hospital Kolkata
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital is a hospital with 700 bedsand its Food and Beverage Department is the First F&B Department of any hospital in India to be awarded the required ISO 22000:2005 certification HACCP.Also,it has British Standards Institution (BSIUK) certification.
It has been the first hospital in eastern India to introduce below facilities.
- Introduce 3-D mapping in the study of electrophysiology -essential for cardiac arrhythmia treatment.
- Have a totally dedicated day care operation unit. Implant the recent gadget of Dual Chamber ICD to avoid Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD).
- Introduce Psychometric Test Unit Integrated.
- For gastrointestinal malignancies, introduce Radio Frequency Ablation.
- Present Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) and Fujinon Intelligent Contrast Enhancement (FICE) — two recent gastrointestinal disease therapy techniques.
Team and Specialities:
- The department of ophthalmology has a well-trained team of clinical excellence who effectively performed more than 1000 eye surgeries within the first year of their founding.
- One of the most advanced therapy solutions available for the oncology department is Novalis Tx radiosurgery & radiotherapy.
- They have a 100 bedded cancer unit in the primary clinic, including 50 bedded surgical unit.
List of best doctors in Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
Dr. Jayant Kumar Gupta – Gynaecologist and Obstetrician with 28 years of experience
He is Kolkata’s famous Obstetrician & Gynaecologist.He has worked with some of the best hospitals in the UK with a flourishing experience of over 28 years.Dr. Gupta did his MBBS & DGO from the famous Kolkata Medical College. He then did his MD (Obs & Gyn) from the prestigious RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata. Dr. Gupta received the ‘ Cayman Island Government Award ‘ to reduce Cervical Cancer occurrences. He was invited to numerous famous annual meetings and conferences as a speaker and lecturer.
Dr Anjan Bhattacharya – Neonatologist with 27 years of experience
He is one of Kolkata’s most prestigious pediatricians. He has over 27 years of experience in the fields of pediatrics, neonatology & paediatrics for development in India & UK. Dr. Bhattacharya finished his MBBS from the UK’s eminent Kolkata Medical College & DCH.He is trained with the International Gold Standard Assessment Tools such as Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) and the Autism Diagnostic Interview- Revised [ ADI-R ] techniques in the diagnostic assessment of kids with complicated disabilities.